VMware Horizon Community
Wolp
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware View 5.2 ESX host in maintanence mode not shown in dashboard

Hello,

I'm currently installing a VMWare View Horizon environment with automated floating linked clone pools on two clusters of each 8 ESX hosts. The pools are deployed on local SSD disks on the hosts.

When one of the hosts is in maintenance mode, we are unable to edit the pools that are also depolyed to this host/local datastore: I receive a popup with the following error:

"Internal view composer error. Contact your administrator"

Additionally, the fact that the ESX hosts is in maintenance mode is not reflected in the dashboard in of the VMWare Horizon View Administrator: both the ESX en datastore are marked green.

Thanks for your input !

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wolp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I did not recieve any feedback till now. For a planned maintenance, I found a procedure (http://www.ivobeerens.nl/2013/08/19/perform-esxi-host-maintenance-on-a-vmware-horizon-view-floating-...) which describes how to perform a planned maintenance.

However, when a host becomes unavailable (maintenance mode, or really unavailable) then it is not possible to edit the pool anymore (error: "Internal view composer error. Contact your administrator").

How should this be handled?

0 Kudos