VMware Horizon Community
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vmware View 5.1.2 Audio Issue

i have noticed audio seems to skip every 4 - 8 seconds on  view agent 5.1.2, this is not appearent on 5.1.1.

this happens on pandora, youtube. I thought it might be related to flash but i then tried it on windows media player with an mp3 and it still does the same thing.

this appears on view client 5.2, on windows 7 machines. Tera 1 and 2 p45, samsung nc240m's

esxi5.1.0 799733 hp g8 blades

anyone else having simular issues?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CameronUBC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not sure of the solution to this problem. However, since you are using Teradici thin clients I would suggest using the Teradici audio driver that is available from their site. You will need to sign up for their website to download it. Make sure you get the latest version since there seems to be some older versions of the driver on there. It seems to work quite well. Make sure you disable the DevTap driver installed by the VMWare Tools.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you using any thin client to test it. Also when you say Audio skip, does this mean there is  Audio / Vedio Synchronization issue while watching Youtube. Also can you check with thick client for this issue

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i should of clarified with my sentence that i have tried thick clients view 5.1/5.2, HP thin clients. same issue. I have noticed with VMware 5.1.2 vs 5.1.1 that VMware has released a newer version of the audio driver

"5.1.1 is using driver version 6.0.0.3500" 6/30/2011

"5.1.2 is using driver version 6.0.0.3600" 10/18/2012

I am going to try and use the old driver and see what happens i will update with my results.

It is not a syncronization issue it as if the audio just cuts out (goes silent) for a second then resumes. The host and guest are under utilized in the performance metrics.

Also view connection servers are at 5.1.2

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

If you are using PCOIP,  Increase Vedio Ram as per this KB

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103100...

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

it is already at it's highest.

0 Kudos
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I cannot seem to change the driver version to 6.0.0.3500 from 3600.  without installing view 5.1.1. does anyone know a way about doing this? or the proper way to use the 5.1.1 audio driver vs 5.1.2

Thanks

0 Kudos
CameronUBC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not sure of the solution to this problem. However, since you are using Teradici thin clients I would suggest using the Teradici audio driver that is available from their site. You will need to sign up for their website to download it. Make sure you get the latest version since there seems to be some older versions of the driver on there. It seems to work quite well. Make sure you disable the DevTap driver installed by the VMWare Tools.

0 Kudos
commando14
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We recently upgraded to 5.1.2, haven't deployed the 5.1.2 agent yet to production.  I just tested out the 5.1.2 agent in our test pool and I'm noticing the skiping audio as well.  This is dissapointing, we were planning on deploying the 5.1.2 agent to production soon.

0 Kudos
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i just installed the teradici audio driver with 5.1.2. so far i have tested with zero samsung nc240m and it fixed the issue thanks for your help.

I am confused though, this driver release in march 2012 went un noticed to me. I wonder how many other people this had gone by. The VMware Dev Tap driver has worked fine for years.. why add to the complication, maybe we can see a option in the vmware view agent to install this as well. 

I will update the community with the rest of my tests with the thick client. currently we are using the PCoIP protocol for every connection. so i assume this is only an issue with anyone who uses PCoIP as their connection protocol.

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
CameronUBC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The teradici audio driver does two things basically:

1) Supports analog mic on a teradici zero client where the Dev Tap does not. This is the main reason I believe people will want it. USB mics still work.

2) Acts as a passthrough to replace the Dev Tap completely.

Not sure why it's not automatically included to be honest. There might be a reason for it.  Thanks for letting me know there are problems when you install the 5.1.2 agent. I will have to do some testing of the pools that don't yet have the teradici audio driver.

0 Kudos
commando14
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We tried the Teradici Audio drivers and it seems to have fixed the problem here as well when running the 5.1.2 agent.

0 Kudos
kslish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Does anyone know if this issue was fixed in the View 5.1.3 update? 

0 Kudos