VMware Horizon Community
t3chn1cal06
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Horizon View unrecoverable error (crtbora)

Hello all,

I run into an issue everytime I disconnect from my virtual desktop or click the X in my vmware application while connected to the virtual desktop, it causes my vmware application on my Windows laptop to crash thus giving me the crtbora crash message. My Windows desktop is running Windows 11 Home 21H2 OSBuild 22000.434.  It started happening when I updated my vmware horizon client from 2106 to 2111. I have tried to repair the installation and also reinstall the application but no dice. It still is happening. It's only when I close the application or disconnect from my virtual desktop that vmware crashes and gives me the error message attached to the thread. Is this a common issue for anyone running windows 11 or that is related to the specific OS build that I am on? 

Also fun fact if I click disconnect from the Vmware application and then select no it still disconnects me from the virtual desktop and I get the crtbora crash message.  I saw a thread from 2015 where this was apparently an issue with crtbora so I am thinking that maybe it is the crtbora.dll that is corrupted for version 2111 especially if others are seeing the issue . 

8 Replies
chiefnico
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone.

just got an customer with the same issue and the exact same error.

I also notice that he is using windows 11.

did you get a response from vmware support ?

0 Kudos
misuchiru03
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in this boat. Everything was working fine in 2106. Using a fresh install of Windows 11 and 2111 build. Downgrading to 2106 until patched.

EmilianW1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had similar issue with Horizon Client 8.3 and SC 2106 as soon as I enabled Pre-Launch option in one of the Applications delivered by Horizon 

EmilianW1_1-1643881673336.png

When I disabled this option Horizon Client stopped crashing.

0 Kudos
t3chn1cal06
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately not Nico, I am downgrading to 2106 until the issue gets fixed in a later release. It's annoying and I think it also creates a dump file on my virtual desktop for work which results in space clean up 😅

0 Kudos
t3chn1cal06
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think I prelaunch but I will keep that in mind if I start to see it on 2106. 

0 Kudos
t3chn1cal06
Contributor
Contributor

I am doing the same and just waiting it out for a future release 

0 Kudos
MikelMK
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue when I use a Dockin station WD19 and press X to close the client the error message appear, but if I don´t use the dockin the client working fine. my OS is Windows 10 21H2

0 Kudos
ebracko
Contributor
Contributor

Has someone found a solution or workaround to this issue?

0 Kudos