VMware Horizon Community
Okadan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vmware Horizon 3.3.0 - slow when launched from a VM (WS2008 R2) - any solutions ?

Hi guys,

We have a VMware Horizon setup that works quite well when accessed from our laptops.

However, for a number of reasons we also need this environment accessed from a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine that resides as a VM on a hypervisor.

But the problem is it is very very slow when launched like this (you can feel the mouse cursor lagging or whenever you open a window on the published Vmware View machine). I will point out that the connection to the client VM (WS2008R2) is done through RDP.

The questions I have since I've not been able to find out so far are:

1)     Is WS2008R2 x86-64 supported as a client ? Does installation of a VMware Horizon Client on it differ in any way than on a Windows 7 machine ?

2)     Is the fact that it is virtualized the root cause of the slowness ? If yes, why is that and can I do something to fix it ?

Thank you very much , I really appreciate your help.

Jay.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Okadan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, solved it myself Smiley Happy

It seems in the "Control Panel > Mouse Options > Pointers > Scheme" the "Windows Aero - System Scheme" was selected. The second I set that to None, the mouse cursor started behaving and it's moving normally.

Jay.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Okadan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, solved it myself Smiley Happy

It seems in the "Control Panel > Mouse Options > Pointers > Scheme" the "Windows Aero - System Scheme" was selected. The second I set that to None, the mouse cursor started behaving and it's moving normally.

Jay.

0 Kudos