VMware Horizon Community
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Vmware Dynamic Enviroment manager - Deploy Application with different license for user

Dear guys,

I have a horizon view infrastructure and I use Dynamic Enviroment manager.

I need to deploy an application to VDI clients, this application have a personal license code for any single user.

What is the best way to deploy this app with Dynamic Enviroment manager?

thank you

Fabio

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If you mean the whole application DEM doesn't really deploy apps technically, in some cases it can. You need to use something like appvolumes, Liquidware labs FlexApp, unidesk, I think fslogix may work, or something similar. If its simple enough you can have DEM export and import the files on logoff and logon.

If you just mean the license it depends on the app, you need to find where the license is saved, a tool like the DEM profiler or procmon may help. Some application store it in the users profile, so it may just work if you are redirecting appdata.

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Hi sjesse,

But if instead the application is already installed on my VMs and depending on the user I need to apply a certain license code with DEM is it possible?

Fabio

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Maybe it depends on the software and how the license is installed, if its just a file that sits in a folder then it may work.

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ok I will check.

Thank You

Fabio

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog

0 Kudos