VMware Horizon Community
al3xwyse
Contributor
Contributor

Vm View 4.6 blue screens with Wyse P20

Hi All,

I have a client who is having a few issues with this.

Connecting a Wyse P20 (firmware version 3.4.0) to VM View 4.6 using PCOIP.

It blue screens the vm with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

The VM is Windows 7. They can connect using a PC.

I think that is everything.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Alex

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have any usb devices plugged into the Wyse term that aren't present on the desktop? Are you using the Wyse PCoIP media enhancements? Did you install the Wyse media option when you installed the view client on the target desktop VM? Do you get the blue screen with RDP?

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

I use Wyse P20 terminals and Windows 7. I am using firmware version 3.4. I have not had any problems. The few problems that I have heard of along these lines were caused by network problems. In addition to checking your USB devices this may be worth looking into. Also, are you using any special software like a PDA management app on the VM? 

0 Kudos
al3xwyse
Contributor
Contributor

I have put these questions back to the client and I will get back to you.

Thanks for your responses!

0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

Have you tried another P20 terminal? Maybe the problem lies there.

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

tacticsbaby wrote:

I use Wyse P20 terminals and Windows 7. I am using firmware version 3.4. I have not had any problems. The few problems that I have heard of along these lines were caused by network problems. In addition to checking your USB devices this may be worth looking into. Also, are you using any special software like a PDA management app on the VM?

Yeah, IRQ made me think USB device immediately.

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert

Have you ever experienced anything like this? In my current environment usually when USB has a problem in View the worst thing that happens is that the device does not work. I have not really had this problem. The only thing close to this that I have seen and was able to reproduce in version 4.0.1 of View was with the PCoIP service using 100% CPU if a USB CD was plugged in too long. Other than that weirdness I have not had this. I would like to hear what the actual cause is, interesting stuff.

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I haven't had a problem like this with View, but I have in non-virtual places. You probably have more View experience than me. We're mostly using view in a secure environment project and I don't have any users in View 100% of the time. I'm also testing View as a replacement for our conference room PCs.

I looked up a technet article about the blue screen:

What is the error:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957609.aspx

How to debug:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818501

This got me thinking that you may also want to make sure your VMware Tools are up to date. Chances are you are current if you are using 4.6, but thought I should add this.

0 Kudos
al3xwyse
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that.

As far as I know, there are no new drivers installed and there are no USB devices plugged in either.

A bit lost with this one now!

0 Kudos
al3xwyse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Greg,

Please see answers below....

1. Do you have any usb devices plugged into the Wyse term that aren't present on the desktop? - No, just a keyboard and a mouse. 

Are you using the Wyse PCoIP media enhancements? - I`m not use any enhancements.
Did you install the Wyse media option when you installed the view client on the target desktop VM? - On the target desktop VM I installed VMware view agent and not the client. I don`t know anything about Wyse media option.

Any more ideas?

0 Kudos
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If the Win 7 VM came from a P2V, then you may want to create a template starting as a VM... You could replace your mouse and keyboard if they are USB devices and use PS/2 if possible... but really I'm kind of stumped. You may want to open a ticket with either VMware or Wyse depending on who you have support with. Wish I could be more help.

0 Kudos