VMware Horizon Community
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Viewcomposer 7.8 error

Hello All,

During upgrade of viewcomposer from 7.7 to 7.8 while installing received the error message from below and installation failed. There was a roll automatic roll back process. After this I tried to install again the composer, but while its connecting to current database it gives a error message. ODBC and DSN testing is successful, but during installation it gives me error from screenshot.

Does anybody else had this problem?

Product: VMware Horizon 7 Composer -- The installer failed to stop the Vstor2 UFA Virtual Storage Driver. The service may be in use by a previous version of this application or by another VMware application. To ensure a successful installation, please restart your machine and relaunch this installer.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It sounds like the cleanup from a failed composer upgrade didn't finish or succeed. Did you backup the database and snapshot your composer VM so you can roll back?

Have a look at this kb that talks about cleaning up/fixing when there are errors with the Vstor2 UFA driver

VMware Knowledge Base

Hope this helps

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is not shapshot since its vCenter server and composer same machine and I didnt want revert back all vCenter DB also. Database is still in place no corruption found only issue is with installation of composer. Checked the article there is no such a keys probably removed from previous uninstall process.

0 Kudos