VMware Horizon Community
BZatWS
Contributor
Contributor

ViewClient script on HP t410AiO

Hello,

I am looking for some info about the boot sequence on an HP t410.  More specifically, I would like to find and edit the file that calls the ViewClient.

I have created a profile so the t410 only starts the ViewClient and have added --serverurl and --desktopname to the command line to connect to a specific pool so users do not have to select one.

On our windows machines we have a script that inserts a variable into --desktopname so pool selection is automatic and spread evenly across our 10 pools.  There is more to the story but our pools are named Pool01 through Pool10 and the script appends a random number between 1-10 to Pool% then inserts it into the command line.   We are a K-12 and without the randomization script all our students ended up manually selecting Pool01.

I would like to add this randomization script to the t410 but am not able to figure out where the settings from the Profile Editor get configured in the underlying linux filesystem.  If I could un-tie the boot sequence I should be able to customize the process like we do on the windows machines.

Thank You

0 Kudos
0 Replies