VMware Horizon Community
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View slow to load profiles

We're running View 4.0.1 and we'll be upgrading to 4.6 soon. Our user's biggest complaint is how slow their user profiles take to load everytime they log in. We're using floating pools with non-persistent VMs so they're deleted and recreated every time a user logs off.

Is there a good solution to speed this up? We'll need to keep these pools as floating/non-persistent because of how they're used. I'd really like to have this fixed when we move to 4.6. I'm getting desperate Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,
This Delay is because Windows is creating the user profile on the logon time.
In View 4.x, if you use non-persistent MVs, the user profile must be recreated in every logon, so the delay is normal.
The only way you can avoid this behavior, is using persistent MVs.  In this way, from the second time the user logs on in the same VM, the profile will be loaded a lot faster.

Best Regards

Patricio Cerda

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,
This Delay is because Windows is creating the user profile on the logon time.
In View 4.x, if you use non-persistent MVs, the user profile must be recreated in every logon, so the delay is normal.
The only way you can avoid this behavior, is using persistent MVs.  In this way, from the second time the user logs on in the same VM, the profile will be loaded a lot faster.

Best Regards

Patricio Cerda

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos
tacticsbaby
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I believe that you can use a third party solution like AppsSense or Liquidelabs. These soltions let you stream user profile information on an as needed basis.

scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. Maybe I'll look into one of these solutions.

0 Kudos