VMware Horizon Community
Sureshadmin
Contributor
Contributor

View sessions disconnect at specified time

Hi,

We face aproblem on our view infrastructure(view 4.1) that all the users are getting disconnected at a specified time daily and they are automatically reconnected back after 10mins. Event logged in in the view portal for every  user is Problem processing HTTP Connection: java.net.socketexception: connection reset

Please throw some light on troubleshooting this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can change this behaviour by adjusting the session timeout value. You can find this setting in View Administrator by going to:

View Configuration --> Global Settings

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

chaz112182 is correct that the default session time can be adjusted. I believe it is set to to 10 hours by default. If that is what is disconnecting your users, they would all be disconnected at a specific time period after logging in, but not all at the _exact_ same time (although it could be be within a few minutes of each other if they all log in near the same time). It would also let you log back in immediately not after 10 minutes.

I suspect there may be a deeper issue here. Any network oddities that would occur at that time?

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
Sureshadmin
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with eeg3.

All the users log in to their workstations within one hour time frame and this disconnection time is 2.30 hours later. All the users will be kicked off. And after 10 mintues all will be connected back. Check with network team and there are no packet drops.

0 Kudos
DKatman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it at all possible that there is a setting in this pool that resets the desktops image?

Dave

0 Kudos