VMware Horizon Community
cH1LL1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View session aware of its underlying client ?

Hello

Within my VMWare view session I need to set a specific registry key to either 00005 or 00000. dependant on whether I am using a VMWare View Client or a Zero Client as the method of connectivity.

I can set the registry key via GPO no problem - but I don't know how to base it on what underlying client is being used.

Why do I want to do this ?  this registry key will enable certain application features when using the VMWare view client and disable the features when using the Zero Client.

Any ideas/ options/ suggestions welcome.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeytntechedu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can use the Volatile Environment registry keys to access information about the remote client, see: Documentation for VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2 for the complete list. In sounds like in your case, the value of HKCU\Volatile Environment\ViewClient_Type would be the quick way to what you want. At least for my client, this is populated with Teradici_PCoIP for zero-clients. You can use the values that occur in your environment as part of item level targeting on a GPO to only apply when the value of HKCU\Volatile Environment\ViewClient_Type matches the platform you want to apply the setting to.

Jeremy Ey

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeytntechedu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can use the Volatile Environment registry keys to access information about the remote client, see: Documentation for VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2 for the complete list. In sounds like in your case, the value of HKCU\Volatile Environment\ViewClient_Type would be the quick way to what you want. At least for my client, this is populated with Teradici_PCoIP for zero-clients. You can use the values that occur in your environment as part of item level targeting on a GPO to only apply when the value of HKCU\Volatile Environment\ViewClient_Type matches the platform you want to apply the setting to.

Jeremy Ey

cH1LL1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Outstanding -  Thank you - exactly what I needed,

0 Kudos