VMware Horizon Community
jjmenth
Contributor
Contributor

View server send message feature not visible to client user

When I use the 'send message' feature on a connected view client the 'message has been sent' response is received.  On the client the behaviour depends on whether there is something displayed on the client.  If the desktop is being displayed there is a pop-up with the message displayed.  If another content window is open, say a browser, an icon appears on the taskbar but the pop-up remains in the background.  For this reason it has been unlikely that messages will be read by client users.  Is there a way to insure the pop-up message window appears in the foreground?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

The current behaviour is that it's set as the foreground window, but if the user is in the middle of some actions it's possible for it to immediately go behind another window and all the user will see is the flashing taskbar entry. As you say, the ideal behaviour is to force the window stay in the foreground. Unfortunately, there is no workaround at this time but this has been raised and is being fixed in a future release.

Mike

0 Kudos
jjmenth
Contributor
Contributor

I will be watching the release notes to see if this feature is addressed.  Is there an easy way to keep up with this?  ALso, we have two virtual desktop systems, our production system running ESXi 4.1, Vcenter 4.1, and View 4.6., and our develpment system running ESXi 5 , Vsphere 5, and View 5. I am hoping the fix will be release for both versions.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

I can't talk about specific releases, but this isn't seen as a critical fix and therefore likely isn't earmarked for 4.6 - you should raise this with support to see if a workaround/backport is planned.

Mike

0 Kudos