VMware Horizon Community
paulwarren
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View security server question - remote access

We are looking to deploy View. Our security team has some concerns using the View security gateway. So say im running a windows device and its compromised and someone has remote access to it. I launch the View client would that someone be able to see what im doing in the View session?

If we were to go the SSL VPN route we could disable split tunneling and that should take care of the issue but id like to be able to use PCoIP. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have not heard that concern before but I think it boils down to what you mean with remote access.

If remote access means that someone manages to install a VNC Server on your client and then connecting to the server while you are on the View Session then yes, he would be able to see what you are doing.

If remote acces means file level access then no.

You can still use PCoIP with a client VPN if that is your main concern.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The PCoIP protocol is itself encrypted end to end using AES-128. This is from the client right through to the virtual desktop even when it goes through the Security Server.

Mark.

Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have not heard that concern before but I think it boils down to what you mean with remote access.

If remote access means that someone manages to install a VNC Server on your client and then connecting to the server while you are on the View Session then yes, he would be able to see what you are doing.

If remote acces means file level access then no.

You can still use PCoIP with a client VPN if that is your main concern.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
paulwarren
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. Thats the concern if we were to let people use their home pc or any non corporate controlled pc and someone had an RDP or VNC remote connection to that pc they would be able to see or capture whats done while the user is in a View session.

0 Kudos