VMware Horizon Community
K_Miller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View pool for lab network

We have a view environment in our production domain however we have a separate lab domain that consist of a standalone domain controller. We would like to be able to provision a VDI pool in our production environment for use in our lab environment. Obviously we don't want to allow full access and communication between the two domains. We also do not want to build an entire separate VDI environment in our lab domain. Does anyone know the best and most secure way to accomplish this? Our current environment consist of a security server, composer, appvolumes server and a connection server and replica.

KM

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erickbm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It sounds possible. I haven'y done it myself, but you could set up a one-way trust between the AD domains and add the domain to the View admin. This one-way trust feature was announced in View 6.2, so if you arent up to that version yet, a two-way trust is required.

Something like this VMware View Composer, 2 Way Trusts are for the Weak | Greg Carriger's Blog

Erick Marshall vExpert 15/16, VCAP-DTA, VCPx3, MCSE, MCITPx2, MCSAx2, MCTSx3, MCPx2, A+, Network+, UCP

View solution in original post

2 Replies
erickbm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It sounds possible. I haven'y done it myself, but you could set up a one-way trust between the AD domains and add the domain to the View admin. This one-way trust feature was announced in View 6.2, so if you arent up to that version yet, a two-way trust is required.

Something like this VMware View Composer, 2 Way Trusts are for the Weak | Greg Carriger's Blog

Erick Marshall vExpert 15/16, VCAP-DTA, VCPx3, MCSE, MCITPx2, MCSAx2, MCTSx3, MCPx2, A+, Network+, UCP
K_Miller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Erick.