VMware Horizon Community
rw92
Contributor
Contributor

View persona roaming not always working

Hey guys,

I have a problem with one of my view pools. It's a floating pool with persona managemt. I configured the .adm on the domain controller OU as follows:

• manage user persona - enabled
  • Persona repository location - enabled and path configured
  • Remove local persona at logoff - disabled
  • Roam local settings folder - enabled

The rest is not configured. I also enabled the "waiting for network" rule in the active directory. But now the problem: For some reason there is the problem that parts of the user persona (like the desktop) or sometimes the whole user persona is not on the users desktop or somewhere else after reboot. When I reboot the machine a second time, sometimes the whole user data is back again, sometimes not...

Ask me if you need further information!

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NieMa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you check the persona log file? Is there anything like 'aborting sync / upload' message in the log file?

If you save a file on the desktop, is the file replicated to the persona repository? Did you re-check your NTFS-permissions on the share?

I had another case where a folder was not accessible and caused the profile sync to be incomplete, e.g. some folders were synced and some were not. I crawled through the persona log file and finally catched a folder which I later added to the excluded folder GPO. After that the sync was complete and I never had issues

Regards

0 Kudos
rw92
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. I started logging today. I also checked the NTFS permissions - no problem.

The other problem I have: Even if the desktop is synced, there aren't the right shortcuts. Shortcuts like Excel or Word are just white. They're working, but they are completely white.

Regards

0 Kudos