VMware Horizon Community
Glovelol
Contributor
Contributor

View not recomposing the entire pool

Hello everyone, 

I just got started on a new view environment. We are using view 5.3 build 1427931 and it seems to be dropping several virtuals from the recompose task list after I set them to run. The first time I set to recompose 115 VMs and, while waiting for users to log off, it dropped 22 of them from the task. Their status changed from 'recompose' to 'none', no errors or issues that I can see. Last night I scheduled another recompose to fix a patch and, looking at the image dates, it dropped 45 of them.

Anyone have a reason for this?

-Glove

5 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Are your pools set to refresh on logoff?  If so a refresh on logoff supersedes a recompose (for whatever reason).  http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006707

I've been fighting this issue for awhile now, and have been told it's resolved in version 6.

childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hate this issue. I usually do recompose at night when everyone is off to stop this from happening.

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
Glovelol
Contributor
Contributor

Ha, so easy. Love it. Yeah it is set to refresh immediately, I'll test it out tonight to make sure.

-Glove

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

You can also manually recompose individual or a selection of desktops by going into your Pool > Inventory Tab > Desktops (View Composer Details) > Select desktops > Right Click > Recompose

0 Kudos
Glovelol
Contributor
Contributor

Good suggestion, I've got all but 10 of them good to go now.

Thanks guys!

-Glove

0 Kudos