VMware Horizon Community
Ishaa
Contributor
Contributor

View manager - desktop issues

1. I have deployed 30 winxp desktops from snapshot. Out of 30, 29 desktops are worked fine. But when I tried to oncrease the desktop count from 30 to 35 by editing : Pool - desktop provisioning - No. of desktops" and increased the no. desktop to 35, the desktops are created but most of them ending up with error " customization operations timed out"

2. The desktops which are created with "ready/customized" status are working fine with problem in network adapter. Netwrok adapter won't get connect under device status and even after clicking the checkbox and giving the right switch name, it reverts back to unchecked state after clicking ok.

Looking for some help on this issue...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the forums!

I would suggest to look at the number of ports on the virtual switch and make sure its enough.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Ishaa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Linjo, Yes, I have suspected the swtich ports and even increased the ports from 56 to 256 and the 4088. The problem not solved. However I am not sure whether I really need to reboot my ESX after increasing the port. Switch is showing 4088 ports currently.

Regards,

Isha

0 Kudos