VMware Horizon Community
pintu27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View is not working from internet

Hello Friends,

I am trying to simulate View in WAN environment through Internet.

I have ESX Firm at the back end, one VDI Manager server. I have published this server to internet on port 80 & 443. Also populated External URL filed.

I didn't install any Security Server. Because I dont need that.

From Interent I can open the View Portal using my external URL. But when I am trying to open a desktop session to view environment from Internet it works perfectly fine till it prepares the Desktop. But when it used to present Desktop screen to user it throughs errors with a white blank screen..

Refer to the attached screen shots for for the same.

For your information in LAN environment it is working perfectly fine. Also I have changed my firewall device thinkging if any MTU problem is there!!

Any help will be great.

Thanks,

Brajesh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok, once you disable direct connect you will need to log off and back on for it to take affect.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you running in direct connect mode on the Connection broker? It sounds like to me RDP (3389) is being blocked when trying to access through the internet.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
pintu27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In view connection server administration page it is showing me "Direct Connect". What you like to suggest me on this? Do I have to open 3389 for the connection server?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Direct Connect means the physical PC needs to be able to connect to the virtual guest over 3389 so in your case you would have to open up 3389 of the virtual guest to the internet. You should disable the direct connect so that connections are started from the Connection Broker which should already have the ability to hit the virtual guest at 3389.

0 Kudos
pintu27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Let me try disabling Direct Connection. I think I have tried earlier in my troubleshooting... let me do that. then i will open 3389 if requried.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok, once you disable direct connect you will need to log off and back on for it to take affect.

0 Kudos
pintu27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Done Man... perfectly working.. will give you full mark.

Any best practice suggestion to test audio & flash viedo inside the VM from Internet?

0 Kudos