VMware Horizon Community
OSBenji
Contributor
Contributor

View doesn't use my 4k Dualscreen.

Hello,

I have a Thin Client (HP t620) and added 2 UHD Monitors via DisplayPort to it. The TC runs on Windows 8 Embedded and recognizes the resolution of 3840x2160 for each Monitor.

But when I connect to my Virtual Machine (Windows 7 Enterprise x64) via PCoIP, only one of the Monitor has a picture and the other one stays Black.

Now I wonder, where is my Bottleneck?

Is it the VM that hasn't enough recources to provide 2 UHD Monitors with input?

Is it the Horizon that limits the resolution (At the Pool Settings is a Maximum resolution of 1920x1200 defined but that doesn't seem to bother the working UHD Screen)?

Is it the Pool Settings that Limits the output?

Does anyone have an Idea how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Do you know how much video memory that is configured and if 3D is enabled on your desktop?

The practical limitation is on the video-memory, but max tested and supported is currently 1920x1200.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
OSBenji
Contributor
Contributor

The video Memory was set to 64 MB, but I also tried it with 128 MB and it is the same.

I was testing around and right now I can tell that: 2048x1536 works just fine in Dual Screen.

A mixed resolution of 3840x2160 + 2048x1536 get's me the same Error. The right Screen remains black even though Windows says that there are 2 Displays with the correct resolutions.

I had a Taskbar once, but it was the Bar from the Windows Embedded beneath.

EDIT:

I established a second connection to my VM via Teamviewer next to my Horizon connection and guess what. Both Screens are shown.

EDIT 2:

Connecting via RDP gives me a single Monitor with 3840x2048 resolution.

0 Kudos