VMware Horizon Community
nevgeo1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View desktops "there is no available gateway for this display protocol"

Hi

We have a newly build environment in VMware View 6.2 and all access to internal network is working fine. When users connect through the connection broker we have few users getting the error message "there is no available gateway for this display protocol". Also when i check in event I am seeing the pending session on machine xx for user xxx has been expired ” I have verified the settings in the Security server and Connection and all settings are as per best practice.Below is the details on the environment

vSphere 6 U1b

VMware view 6.2

Unidesk 2.9.3

We also have radius server configured in the connection broker 2 which is paired to the security server. The Customer has a single radius server which is also mapped to another security from his old vmware view environment.

Please help.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nevgeo1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are facing this issue while accessing through security server and not all users are affected.

0 Kudos
fklucas
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this issue with RDS applications through our security server.

View 6.2.2

vCenter/ESXi 6 U1b

RDS host is Windows 2008 R2

Connections are successful through the connection servers directly.  Desktops launch using both PCoIP and RDS protocols normally through the security server.

I have a case open with VMware support - we tried extending the connection timeout by creating and modifying the locked.properties file but it did not resolve the issue.  We plan on reconnecting for addtional troubleshooting tomorrow.

0 Kudos
ndepinet
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Here is a possibility -

To work around this issue when you do not want to upgrade, turn off the RADIUS option called Use the same user name and password for RADIUS and Windows authentication:

1. In View Administrator, go to View Configuration > Servers > Connection Servers.
  2. Select the server, click Edit, then click the Authentication tab.
  3. In the Advanced Authentication section, deselect Use the same user name and password for RADIUS and Windows authentication.

This is from this KB - VMware KB: Attempting to use Horizon View HTML Access results in the error: "Unable to connect to de...

0 Kudos
thelim
Contributor
Contributor

This might be too late now, but maybe it will help someone.

I had this happening trying to log into a different departments pool from our HTML access. The event in the View administrator said "unable to launch from pool poolname for user domain\username: no co-management availability for protocol BLAST."  I removed all the available desktops then after they were re-created, I was able to log in, no errors.

0 Kudos