VMware Horizon Community
ragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View composer stops at 94% for one Hour

Hi guys,

I know this problem has been discussed several times, but all discussions did not help...

during desktop creation the process stops at 94% for about one hour. The Master Image is a Windows XP with 8GB virtual disk. The ESX Server runs local discs in a RAID configuration.

Has anybody an idea how to find the reason for the composer to stop that long. Which log files should give a hint on what the problem might be?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This is when the full Parent Image is copied onto your LUNS, it will do one full copy per LUN; so if you specify 10 Luns the View Composer will copy 10x8GB to your SAN.

If you look in the datastorebrowser on the filesize you can see the progress.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Correct. The one hour time it needs at your environment is also depending on the storage and esx server hardware. In my test environment under low load it does only need 20 minutes for copying the replica image to the LUN. Also the size of the image is important!

Regards,

Christoph

Don't forget to award the points if this answer was helpful for you.

Blog:

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth |

0 Kudos