VMware Horizon Community
fugrat1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View composer in different domain

I have a current management vCenter that is running my View Servers, View Composer and VDI VC.  the VC is in domain A and I have connected View Manager to this VC with no issues.  I have now deployed View Composer into domain B and am trying to get this working with my View setup.  I go to reconfigure my vCenter Server and have set to use a Standalone View Composer Server. I have added the FQDN and a service account that is a local admin on the View Composer Server.  Checking the certificate gives me the self signed cert and I accept this.  Next I add my domain that I want to create the VDI machines under and give it credentials for this domain which saves succesfully.  When I click OK to try to save the new View Composer settings I get a java.lang.NullPointerException error and am unable to save my settings.  My 2 domains do not have a trust between them, however my vCenter user account has full admin rights on my vCenter so I believe this should work.

How do I get my View environment to take the View Composer settings?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fugrat1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It turned out that port 443 was not open between the View Composer and vCenter.  This is opened up now and working ok

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fugrat1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It turned out that port 443 was not open between the View Composer and vCenter.  This is opened up now and working ok

0 Kudos
Gezmonder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This proved useful, I just had the exact same scenario but in my case the ports were already open. It couldn't resolve the DNS name between the domains though so I added a hosts file entry to the Composer server to the vCenter and that resolved the problem.

0 Kudos