VMware Horizon Community
vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View client silent install

Hello All,

Does somebody know if the silent install switches changed on the latest view client(VMware-Horizon-View-Client-x86_64-2.2.0-1404668) ? I'm trying to do silent installs using the following switches /s /v"/qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress VDM_SERVER=view.domain.com ADDLOCAL=Core,TSSO,USB"

But the VDM_SERVER is not getting populated on the view client and users are prompted to add a server...

Thanks

@rickespada
0 Kudos
6 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Mine works:  VMware-Horizon-View-Client-x86_64-2.2.0-1404668.exe /s /v/qn DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=0 VDM_SERVER="view.connection.server.url" REBOOT=Reallysupress

0 Kudos
vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Apparently the issue is that it creates the entry for the profile that installs the application and the default user profile. if your profile did not existed on the computer you will get the configuration but if you already had a windows profile it will not... since i had to elevate the right to an alternate account that account got the settings but not the current logged on user.

Were you an admin when you installed or did you have to elevate rights?

Edit. New profiles do not get the setting either....

it creates the entry at HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client\ConnectionServerName with the correct value but does not use it..

@rickespada
0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Looks like that's the case for me too.

Logged in as Administrator user, elevated command prompt, installed View client using command listed above

Logged in Administrator user has default server listed

Logged in as another user and it does not show a default server, also logged in as a brand new user and it doesn't have the default server either.

Guess the only solution is to replace the default View shortcuts with your own customized ones until VMware fixes the issue.

vRickE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i see the registry key created for the default user profile on the registry but it does not work... yeah right now I'm using customized shortcuts...

@rickespada
0 Kudos
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks, nzorn and vRickE!

This is a bug for View client 2.2. Different logged in user can't share the VDM_SERVER. The issue has been fixed and will be involved  in the next release(2.3).

You can try it later, thanks!

Regards,

Felix

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

I tested this in 2.3 and the problem has been resolved.

www.vmware.com/go/viewclients

0 Kudos