VMware Horizon Community
JNRUnified
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View client and webpage issues external

We can connect just fine internally with both rdp and PCoIP, but externally all we get is a blank screen. I do not even see an attempted connection. I took a separate ip external, and forwarded ALL (1-65k)ports from that external IP to our internal connection manager. I read all you needed was 90,443,8001,50001,4001, but I forwarded them all. Still does not seem to work. any ideas?

(xxx.xxx.xxx.227)--(firewall)---(internal connection server 10.10.10.5)

|-vmtest 10.10.10.1

|-vmtest2 10.10.10.2

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can't tunnel PCOIP through a security server so more than likely you can't tunnel it through a normal connection broker either. I have never tried though since we use all direct connect inside our of LAN.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you are external going through a Security server you will need to allow 3389 from security server to VDI machine.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
JNRUnified
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We do not have a security server. We only have the external ip forwarding all ports directly to the view manager.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Utilizing direct connect or tunneling through the connection broker?

JNRUnified
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is whatever the default setting is.

All I did was install the view manager in our cluster, enter in my external ip in config, add a individual type machine, and added it to the pool. Then on the machine I installed tools then view agent, then .net.

I connect to the view manager webpage internall and it conencts fine. I run the view client internally and it connects fine.

So I took a external ip address and forwarded all traffic to it to the view manager server. I can connect to the webpage but bringing up the machine I just get a blank machine, same with view client.

Internet--

firewall----view manager

Is there something else I need to do or have configured? I would think if I had to vpn into the network that would make the web based client pretty worthless. I figure I must be missing something.

I know that I ONLY forwarded all ports to the view manager, will it not redirect the traffic as needed to the virtual machine?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Again, it depends on the mode in which the connection server is set to. I'm not sure what the default setting is but if your connection server is set for Direct Connect that means that the connecting PC will connect directly to the VDI machine so 3389 from physical desktop to VDI would need to be open. If it's not set to direct then the traffic is being tunneled through the connection broker so forwarding all traffic there may work. You can view this setting by going into the View manager admin page, configuration, and servers. If it's confifgured for direct connect you will see that under the settings.

JNRUnified
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awesome! This fixed the webpage viewer (which I think uses rdp), but connecting with viewer via PCoIP is still showing a black screen.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can't tunnel PCOIP through a security server so more than likely you can't tunnel it through a normal connection broker either. I have never tried though since we use all direct connect inside our of LAN.

0 Kudos
JNRUnified
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks mittim, you've been a great help!

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not a problem at all. Let us know if you run into any other issues. I would also look into standing up a security server if at all possible.

0 Kudos