VMware Horizon Community
RobBuxton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View and Wyse TCX MMR Extensions

Hi All,

I believe that the VMware View Agent has some of the Wyse multi-media extensions.

Is is possible and does it add any value to install the Wyse TCX MMR Extensions onto the VMware virtual desktop?

The reason I ask is that I tried to do install these but the installation stops very early on saying it cannot continue.

I've not found an error message that indicates why, but I suspect the VMware Agent may be getting in the way.

Any pointers appreciated, TIA,

Rob.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can use WYSE TCX or MMR. Our MMR is the same as the WYSE TCX. Sometimes our updates do lag. If you want to use WYSE TCX you will need a licence from WYSE for it. They also can assist with any installation and configuration issues when using the TCX extenstions with View.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Rob,

the VMware View has the Wyse TCX extension included and it's called MMR. If you are using Wyse thin clients this works directly without installing any other software on the virtual desktop. So you don't have to install any TCX on the virtual desktop.

Regards,

Christoph

Don't forget to award the points if this answer was helpful for you.

Blog:

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth |

RobBuxton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I understand that the MMR extensions are in the VMware View Agent. But the Wyse TCX MMR extensions seem to be updated quite regularly.

Just wondering if there's any advantage to going with the Wyse MMR over those supplied by the VMware Agent itself.

But if you can't install the Wyse MMR extensions with the VMware View Agent installed that also kind of defines what I can do.

cheers,

Rob.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can use WYSE TCX or MMR. Our MMR is the same as the WYSE TCX. Sometimes our updates do lag. If you want to use WYSE TCX you will need a licence from WYSE for it. They also can assist with any installation and configuration issues when using the TCX extenstions with View.

0 Kudos
patricko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have used the wyse TCX and there are some improvements if the file is on your network, but watching flash movie e.g CNN on the web still need improvement. Also TCX only work with some models we are using V10L.

Blog:

0 Kudos
mnasir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

But you have to pay extra money for the license if you want to use TCX from Wyse v10Ls, this is a pain, since view client already license the TCX for you.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You only have to License WYSE TCX for WYSE devices if you want to. If you purchase VMware View and our MMR is not working with your devices there is a problem. You should not have to purchase anything additional unless you specifically want to use WYSE TCX.

0 Kudos
mnasir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Wyse just released firmware code 6.4 - this one is fully certfied on vmware view 3.1. I will still need Wyse TCX if I want MMR over Wyse S10. My MMR is working from the View Client.

0 Kudos
WyseGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The Wyse TCX software really shines when you are working with a non-Win 32 end point device. I have seen the solution in action when working with Direct Show based media with many of the commen codecs today and I have seen beta testing of a solution which looks to address the issues with flash sites such as YouTube.. I would reach out to Wyse and see if you can demo the software for 30 days as they can arrange for this as well as trying to see if you can get an eval of the Wyse V10L as this drastically reduces the management at the end point and allows you to focus efforts within the virtual environment.

0 Kudos