VMware Horizon Community
edawg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View and Two Factor Authentication

Hello-

I have two security servers in my DMZ paired with two internal Connection Brokers supplying remote Horizon desktops to offsite users.  Running View 5.3.  Getting ready to add two factor authentication and have a basic question on RADIUS servers.  I want to go with a hosted two factor solution, but don't want to have to maintain any RADIUS servers.  Does anyone know if any of the hosted two factor options include the RADIUS server component too or is that just something I have to deal with myself?  Additionally, if I have to use internal RADIUS servers does anyone have any experience using Aruba's Clearpass RADIUS servers?

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gmtx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not sure about other providers, but we've been using Symantec VIP Access for over three years with no issues. The Enterprise Gateway app came with Radius support for View, but it was still a local install, so probably not exactly what you're looking for.

Geoff

0 Kudos
edawg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Geoff.  Ideally, looking for a fully hosted 2 Factor Solution that includes RADIUS servers.  Something like SafeNet I would imagine.  Just hoping to hear from someone who is actually using it in the real world.

0 Kudos
charvoworld
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

FYI 2 factor Authentication works good in production environment, some of my customer using 2 factor authentication and you can go google Authentication which is free or if company already have or ready to buy any security passcode like digipass, VASCO’s DIGIPASS or RSA SecurID, you can go for that. I don't see any official configuration page for vmware view and Aruba's Clearpass. Please check with vendor for support of vmware view.

Thnx,

Charvo Benjamin

0 Kudos