VMware Horizon Community
Axelfi
Contributor
Contributor

View agent hangs

I'm evaluating View 4 and noticed a possible bug.

Environment: VMware View 4.0, test pool with one Windows XPSP3 as Other Source

When disconnecting a connection to Desktop source it takes a a minute or so before active status is removed from a View Manager. If you login back to the same target right after logging off/disconnecting SSO disappears as a first symptom. Repeat this once or twice and target computer is not available anymore. The View agent on target is frozen and even restart fails. Rebootin target is required.

When user waits a minute or two between log off/login everything works properly.

Has anyone else experienced about the same problem?

Axel.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kenhutchinson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try upgrade to 4.0.1 and also resinstall the view agent on your master image. It's also best to install the View agent as the last piece of software before readying the image for cloning.

My View desktops are Windows XP SP3 and I don't have these issues. You can also enable logging on the virtual desktops and check the view administrator logs.

0 Kudos
Axelfi
Contributor
Contributor

Done that.

If you take a look at View manager after logoff, how long does it take to Active status change?

0 Kudos
kenhutchinson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

About 30 / 40 seconds.

0 Kudos
Axelfi
Contributor
Contributor

Weird. In my case it is quite exactly 5 mins. After that all logins are successful.

0 Kudos