VMware Horizon Community
samsonchoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Windows 7 dual monitors problem.

Hi All,

I encounter a problem on VMware View Windows 7 on dual monitors, I can start a windows 7 enterprise on dual monitor (extension mode) but all the windows browsers or explorers cannot be moved smoothly from one screen to another screen, movement within a single screen is fine.

However, Windows XP does not encounter the above problem....

Anyone, have the same problem and how can i solve it?

My infrastructure: View 5.0, vSphere 5.0, vCenter 5.0

Samson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kslish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I experienced the same issue after updating to View 5.0 and this is what worked for me:

http://vmtoday.com/2012/07/lag-when-dragging-a-window-between-monitors-in-vmware-view/

Adding that Configuration Parameter as described fixed it on my dual monitor setups.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Is this on a Zero Client?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
samsonchoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Linjo,

Software View client on Phyiscal PC only.

Samson

0 Kudos
samsonchoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The display setting on Windows 7 pool

Max. number of monitor: 4

Max. resolution: 1920 x 1200

0 Kudos
JCL225
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How about disabling the visual effect

'Show window contents while dragging'

under System properties->Advanced->Performance->Settings

This won't fix the laggy transition animation, but will stop windows from trying to redraw the window while dragging. You end up just dragging the outline of the window and it redraws when you drop it.

I'd recommend disabling  all visual effects (except for 'use visual styles on windows and buttons) for best performance.

0 Kudos
samsonchoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes~

I already disable all visual effect and adjust to Best Performance, still got the movement problem.

0 Kudos
JCL225
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How much video ram is assigned to the vms?

0 Kudos
kslish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I experienced the same issue after updating to View 5.0 and this is what worked for me:

http://vmtoday.com/2012/07/lag-when-dragging-a-window-between-monitors-in-vmware-view/

Adding that Configuration Parameter as described fixed it on my dual monitor setups.

0 Kudos