VMware Horizon Community
Trichert2011101
Contributor
Contributor

View, Windows 7, PCoIP can't change font size

We are running view 5.1 with 5.1 clients using PCOIP.  (Windows 7 SP1 guest).

I have a user who is very sight impared and needs to change her 'font' size.  If i log in as her onto a console of a VM she can change it, when we log in via PCOIP it is greyed out.  It is obviously not a gpo setting or it would apply to the console session as well (and for the heck of it i've gone and disabled any restrictions on theme/font sizes in gpo).

Is there a reason she can't change this when connected via pcoip?  Is there a fix/work around?  We use floating desktops so I can't just change it on 'her' machine.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
joost1981
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue/question. I found a fix where you have to change a registry key and then reboot the VM. In out case, also using floating pools where the VMs are deleted after logoff, this is not a solution. Did you find a other solution?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I remember dealing with this on a particular user at one point if I'm not mistaken we learned that it was a desktop setting that would have to be applied to an entire pool or image.    Given that VDI is all about use cases maybe this particular usecase requires a dedicated machine for the user.  

0 Kudos
joost1981
Contributor
Contributor

If there is a possibility to give the user the option to change the display font size (so that it is not greued out), it looks to me that this is a "user" setting and not a "computer" setting. This article comfirms it (http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=200901...). If it is possible to change the settings then why is the option greyed out?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Yeah, must be a different setting than what we were working with.    If it's available under the user registry can you set persona or the roaming profile to copy it up? 

0 Kudos
rrizzi3821
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue (extremely similar), and have added additional information here Cannot Change Font Size on Linked Clones Running Windows 7 x86 View 5.2.0

-- RR
0 Kudos
davidmarkley
Contributor
Contributor

I searched high and low for these settings, and tried numerous group policies to no avail. Then, in random googling, found this and solved the issue with the manual registry edit:

VMware KB: Settings tab is not available in the Display control panel of a View desktop in local mod...

Hope this helps...

0 Kudos