VMware Horizon Community
theblackknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Smart Card issue....

Basically trying to connect to a Connection Server that requires Smart Card authentication, there is no prompt for the user PIN, it just says that Smart Card Authentication is Required, and user is not allowed to select desktop or presented any options. The smart card reader on the client device allows the user to authenticate to the OS as well as authenticate to some web pages that require smart card authentication.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Is this on View 4.5? What is the Client OS and CSP?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
mbletschin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When using Smart Cards you will not see the desktop options will after entering the pin. Have you tried formt he client just accessing a RDP session that is smart card enabled? If not the issue could be from your settings within View. Are you using a Security Servier or just the Manager direct? The manager has to have the certificate enabled through the webserver.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm assuming that the Windows client is being used here. The common reason for this tends to be that the View Connection Server wasn't set up correctly with smart card authentication. Doing this correctly requires creating a locked.properties file with "useCertAuth=true" and a few other lines, including one that points to a trust store created by keytool.

The way you can know is that you enable TRACE logging by going to the registry and creating a REG_SZ named "HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\TraceEnabled" and setting it to "true". Then run the View Client, reproduce the issue, and find the debug log. On XP this is in "C:\Documents and Settings\\AppData\Local\VMware\VDM\logs". The log file is the most recently modified one starting with "debug". Feel free to e-mail it to me at grossag AT vmware DOT com and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
arakelian
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos