VMware Horizon Community
VCSLI
Contributor
Contributor

View Server cannot see VDI Desktops

Hello!

I am having a strange (or maybe not?) issue with View CS...

I have created a manual pool for desktops. When i go to add desktops to the inventory, there are none available. The only desktop i can consistently see is an XP VM not joined to any domain that i use for testing. It has nothing to do with this.

At first i discovered that depending on where i move the View Server VM within my data-centers hierarchy (via vcenter) it would show some OTHER vm's (other servers) just not the ones i want. I then thought maybe i can register the VDI desktops via a static route in my routing table AND an entry onto my desktops HOSTS file. No go. (VDI Desktops are on a different subnet)

I then tried installing vAgent with the following command line arg:

va64.exe /s /v"/qn VDM_VC_MANAGED_AGENT=1 VDM_SERVER_NAME=view1.domain.local VDM_SERVER_USERNAME=administrator.domain.local VDM_SERVER_PASSWORD=password ADDLOCAL=Core,PCoIP,ThinPrint,USB"

Obviously i has out domain, admin user, and password filled out properly while running the command. This hasnt worked either...

Any idears?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You have vCenter correctly linked on the VIew connection server?  

0 Kudos
VCSLI
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. View is linked to my vCenter. It can see the datastores, etc.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I assume that these machines are all approved desktop OS and that they aren't currently assigned to any other pool?   If you create a brand new XP machine from scratch are you able see it?  

0 Kudos
VCSLI
Contributor
Contributor

I have not tried to create a new XP machine.

All the desktops which i want to use for VDI are Windows 7 Pro x64. I have tried to create NEW W7 desktops and they are still not visable to the VCS.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

What version of View are you running?  

0 Kudos
VCSLI
Contributor
Contributor

I am running View Connection server 4.6. The agent is version 4.6 as well.

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Are you trying to add desktops into an existing manual pool from inventory page?

How many vcenter do you have linked with View?

-noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos
Mike_Deardurff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, experiencing the same issue.  Have roughly the same environment, win7 and version 4.6.

Did you ever get any update to this?

thanks

mike

0 Kudos