VMware Horizon Community
praveshe1
Contributor
Contributor

View Security Server in High Availability Mode

Hi All,

I need to setup the View Security server in high availability mode and to achive that I have below installation (SS--> Security server & CC-->Connection server) and paring details. I have installed the security server with Microsoft NLB to load balance.The connection server are working in replicated mode.

SS1.xyz.com -->CC1.xyz.com

SS2.xyz.com -->CC2.xyz.com

My doubt is if assume CC2 server fails which has pairing with SS2 then does SS2 relayes the connection to CC1 and users can establish session to desktops???

Any one has info/ expirience please share

Regards

-Praveen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Microsoft NLB is a very poor loadbalancing solution and should not be used in this scenario.

There is many solutions that are much better than this and can do what you want, like F5, Cisco etc.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No.

You should just have a load balancer in front of the two SS. The poll that the load balancer should do will detect the health of both SS2 and CS2 so that if either go down, the load balancer will route sessions through SS1 and CS1.

Mark

0 Kudos
praveshe1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this can be achived with the hardware load balancer, however our company does not have budget at this point of time and the View setup as of now is only for 50 concurrent setup, this is the reason I am looking for a solution without anymore investment. I am not sure the SS server paring servers relays connection to other server if one of them fails

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

No, they do not relay any connections if one fails and NLB have no functionality to detect that a server is not working.

If you are on a budget I would suggest to create a simple script that checks if the ports is up and if it is not point the dns to the working server.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos