VMware Horizon Community
MLubinski201110
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Security Server + RDP

Can the security server "proxy" RDP connections or does it only handle PCOIP?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can utilize both PCOIP and RDP through the View security server.   I'm moving this thread over to the View Manager forum for better visibility.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
psplnalin123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It takes PCoIP protocol only i also tried in my infra could you do one more thing Edit the Pool and change the default protocol to RDP and then check. I believe it will work

mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can utilize both PCOIP and RDP through the View security server.   I'm moving this thread over to the View Manager forum for better visibility.   

0 Kudos
MLubinski201110
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When secure tunnel is enabled, there seems to be an issue where all the RDP traffic goes directly to the view connection server seinstead of "proxying" at the security server. Which ttings should be double checked and enabled to ensure that the security server is being correctly used?

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The default setting is to tunnel RDP through the HTTPS tunnel which goes through the Security Server. It will only go direct between the View Client and the virtual desktop if the Connection Server is configured to bypass the tunnel.

There is an explanation of how this works here - http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-14974 The video goes into detail about RDP and PCoIP and shows the connections through the Security Server etc.

Mark.

gunnarb
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I wonder who shot that video.  Someone should give that guy a big pat on the back!

Now stop responding to posts, I plan on meeting you at PEX and I plan on meeting you as #11 on this list not #10.  Smiley Happy :smileylaugh: :smileygrin:

Gunnar Berger http://www.gunnarberger.com http://www.endusercomputing.com
0 Kudos
MLubinski201110
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Does the "Use PCoIP Secure Gateway" have to be checked if only using RDP? And does changing the "Default Display Protocol" to RDP or PCoIP matter or just a preference?

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

michael lubinski wrote:

Does the "Use PCoIP Secure Gateway" have to be checked if only using RDP?

No. That is just for PCoIP.

0 Kudos
MLubinski201110
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Maybe its an issue with my external URL's then. If you can confirm the following urls;

View Connection Server Settings

HTTPS Secure Tunnel: *Internal Local IP*

Security Server Settings

HTTPS Secure Tunnel: *Publically reachable address*

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's correct.

0 Kudos
MLubinski201110
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All the external URL's are now correct but it still connects direct to the view connection server. We are using a DNS resolvable hostname in the view connection server's secure tunnel external url field, not sure if that would cause an issue or not?

When connecting we get a black screen unless we open port 4172, we want RDP only not PCoIP due to the lack of control we will have on the destination network.

0 Kudos