VMware Horizon Community
athemiya1
Contributor
Contributor

View Security 5.1.1-799444 IPsec & SSL

Hi all,

So, I am a stone's throw away from completing our new VMware View Infrastrcture. So far, we have the following servers.

VCenter 5 x 1

viewComposer x 1

view Server x 1

View security server x 1

After we installed the last set of servers, a view security server, I have consistent problems with trying to get a green light in View. It seems to relate to IPsec problems between the security server and view. I have tested the firewall on both machines, looked at running a few netav firewall commands, (all coming back successfully) and checked the IP traffic between the two servers and there seems to be confidential packets being received and sent successfully.

Now, View administrator shows the following problem:

viewsecurity.jpg

I allowed both installers on the View and Security server to configure themselves automatically with Windows firewall set to on and both have the following ports open:

8009 TCP

500 & 4500 UDP

I have tried a lot of other ways around this, but it seems that the View server is not happy with IPSec even though I can all is on!

Any advice would be appreciated :smileylaugh:

Best regards,

Hesan

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Do you have any other firewall between the Broker and the Security Server?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
athemiya1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo,

No, no firewall at all.

Best,

Hesan

0 Kudos
athemiya1
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone help at all?

Hesan

0 Kudos
RTS_Toni
Contributor
Contributor

Is the windows firewall enabled on the servers?

It needs to be for IPsec to work.

//Toni

0 Kudos
athemiya1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, firewalls are enabled on both.

Best,

Hesan

0 Kudos
squevill
Contributor
Contributor

check this post... http://communities.vmware.com/message/2121194#2121194

Hopefully it will help.

0 Kudos
athemiya1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi squevil,

Thanks for this but with my scenario, the only connected and activated firewall is for the domain that we run all of our VMware infrastrcture within -i.e. public and private and listed as ON, but are not connected to any network as they are not being used.

So really I couldn't follow the directions in that post as they do not apply.

I really have no idea where this problem lies!

Best,

Hesan

0 Kudos