VMware Horizon Community
TristanT
Contributor
Contributor

View, RSA Auth, and Wyse Thin-Clients

So we use a single security server and a single connection broker in a small View VDI environment. We've integrated our RSA environment so that View users must provide their RSA credentials in addition to their domain credentials. Everything works really well.

Here's the thing - I got this eval Wyse V10L thin client. It is a pretty nice thin client and we enjoyed it very much. However (big sigh) we could no longer connect with it after we enabled the RSA integration. We now get a very annoying "Bean must be used in a portal context" error when we attempt to connect to View (connecting internally, not via our external security servers).

So...will the basic View integration with Wyse devices not work if we are using RSA auth? I've not been able to find very much on this subject after lots of searching. Are there any inexpensive thin-client devices out there that will allow use to use RSA auth?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
teedubyousee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tristan, as far as I know Wyse has not yet developed RSA authentication integration for Wyse Thin OS (the Wyse OS that runs on the V10L device you have). This is something that Wyse should be keen to implement and my recommendation to you would be to contact the Wyse Systems Engineer in your region and have them log an engineering request to have this resolved. This is standard practice from Wyse and I am sure you will find them more than happy to ask for this feature on your behalf. All the best.

0 Kudos