VMware Horizon Community
poleary1
Contributor
Contributor

View Portal hangs Firefox on Redhat Enterprise 4/5

I have been trying to figure out what is causing my View Portal session to cause firefox to hang after this specific sequence of events.

1. Login to View

2. Connect to a WinXP virtual machine.

3. Login/Logout of VM.

4. Logout of View Portal.

5. Log back into View Portal ..... at this point the "Access Status" field for the portal doesn't turn to the Ready state; it stays blank, and firefox freezes up.

I have tried this on several different permutations of RHEL 4 or 5, Java 1.5/1.6 and Firefox 2/3. I have also tested with a ThinOS client running Thinstation with Java 1.6u6/u5 and FF2/FF3. It also returns the same results with View Portal. If I login to a VDI machine, then disconnect, I can reconnect as much as I like, always getting the ready state in the View portal page. I suspect it has something to do with the TunnelMonitor applet in the background. I'm not sure exactly what this is doing, but if you logout of View and try to get back in from a linux client it seems to always fail. If I kill firefox and restart, I can again login to View and connect to my VDI sessions.

Any ideas? I'm about to open a support request for this, as I seem to be running within the VMware supported systems for View. I though maybe someone had come across this situation before and might have a simple solution.

Cheers

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Reply
poleary1
Contributor
Contributor

Of note, I have just recreated the same problem using a fresh SLES 10.1 server with FF2 and Java 1.6u11.

0 Kudos