VMware Horizon Community
dangundersen
Contributor
Contributor

View Persona - Repository permissions

Hi all

I have setup a VM Win7 with View Persona. I have created a repository with a hidden share, giving everyone access to the share, and then on the security of the folder, giving a specific group full access

When someone logs in it creates a new folder in said repository and saves all their work successfully.

The problem I have, is I (as a domain admin) cannot access this folder to see their work. The only way I can do it is to take ownership of the folder, but as soon as I do that, it breaks something meaning when they go to log in next, it logs them into a temporary profile as cannot access the one I have just taken ownership of

Is there a way they can continue to access the profile as well as me being able to browse it? Ideally I need this setup from day one so any new profiles being created going forward have these settings

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Have you configured the GPO to Allow Administrators access to the share?

0 Kudos
dangundersen
Contributor
Contributor

Do you mean the GPO that I created with the View Perona Management ADM? This is the only GPO I have created to get Persona to work. Looking through the options in this added ADM, I cannot locate any settings regarding permissions? Am I looking in the wrong place?

0 Kudos
dangundersen
Contributor
Contributor

Found the setting I needed (Windows Roaming Profile). This is now working!!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mittim12.

On a side note, to save me spending ages researching, can you set quota's on the profiles to stop them getting too large?

0 Kudos