VMware Horizon Community
ITTech2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Persona Management - Registry Changes?

Do you know where the registry setting are stored in view persona Management?

Also, can I modify reg setting in this file?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
neenarazdan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you saying that if you make change to a file that goes and updates registry indirectly, then what is the name of the file where that registry change gets updated and stored on remote share?- If so, file name is NTUSER.dat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you open the ADM file in notepad it should give you the registry locations. 

ITTech2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't see a .adm file, only a .dat . log1 .log2 .blf .ini and .regtrans-ms

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The ADM file is located on the connection broker at C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles.  This is the file you add to group policy that allows you to enable persona and control the settings.

0 Kudos
ITTech2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yea...  I understand that and persona managment it is working fine...

The problem I am having is the end users persona that is stored on the file share is changing back registry changes I made to the parent image or replica.  So the question is, Where is this registry setting in the end user's persona folder, and how do I edit the registery setting for a given user? 

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok, I see what your saying.  You can try loading the ntuser.dat file into the registry or simply just delete it and let them re create it based on the whats in the base image.

0 Kudos
ITTech2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So if a user makes a change to a registery file on his desktop and the change is replicated to the persona management share to a file, when what is the name of that file, and how do I modify this file?

0 Kudos
neenarazdan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you saying that if you make change to a file that goes and updates registry indirectly, then what is the name of the file where that registry change gets updated and stored on remote share?- If so, file name is NTUSER.dat

0 Kudos