VMware Horizon Community
s3raph
Contributor
Contributor

View Manager - Two Way Trust Issue

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has had the following issue:

I have two domains as follows:

Domain1: Server 2008 DC, Server 2003 functional level. Domain 1 holds all the VDI infrastructure servers (AD, vCenter, View Manager/Connection Server).

Domain2: Server 2008 DC, Server 2003 functional level. Domain 2 will hold all virtual Windows XP desktops. These desktops will all belong to Domain2.

I have a two-way transitive forrest trust with forrest-wide authentication. The trust has validated successfully, and I can add users or universal groups from either domain into domain local groups on either side. All looks well from an AD perspective.

From within View Manager on my View Connection Server in Domain1, I can see both domains. Domain1 shows as 'Normal' with no problems detected, however Domain2 shows as 'Down' with the following error:

Trust Relationship: The trust relationship could not be determined.

Status: Domain status error detected. View Administrator is unable to perform operations related to domain.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tigerstolly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No solution i'm afraid, in fact i have what appears to be the same problem.

My configuration is a little different.

All my View infrastructure including desktops are in Domain A and the users are in Domain B.  There is a one way trust where Domain A trusts domain B.  I also can put the B accounts in groups in Domain A.....

I get the same error message.

Anyone have any insights as to what may be the problem ?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

@TigersTolly: One way trusts is not supported in View, either move the View Broker or set up Two-way trusts.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Tigerstolly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, guess we'll need to figure out a way to get a two way trust Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

Which version of View are you using? I have view 4.6 showing domains on both forests (having two way transitive trust) 'normal' status.

-noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos
SDSimonsen
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same trouble, and it turned out to be a missing route from the  View Connection Servers to the subnet where the second DC was running

Regards,

SDSimonsen

0 Kudos