VMware Horizon Community
JugOfTuiPlease
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Manager 4 - cannot see base image

Hi ,

I have two View 4 installations on seperate networks.

On one of them, the Desktop Sources view of the View Manager has a Base Image field, which is really useful to see which VMs require recomposing.

In the View Manager on the other domain the Base Image field is missing....

They're both 4.0.1 build-233023

How can I get this handy view into my other View Manager?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DennisBray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have observed that the "Base Image" (and "User Disk) column is only visible on the "Desktop Sources" tab with persistent desktop pools. Perhaps the pool you are looking at is non-persistent.

Dennis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mplanck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are they looking at the same base image? If so, is networking and storage set correctly so they can both view storage the same way? If not, is the base image snapshotted for both? If the base images is not snapshotted it doesn't show up as avaliable.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think in his environment everything is working correctly he simply has a different screen view under his desktop sources that shows which snapshot a linked clone is associated with.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
DennisBray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have observed that the "Base Image" (and "User Disk) column is only visible on the "Desktop Sources" tab with persistent desktop pools. Perhaps the pool you are looking at is non-persistent.

Dennis

0 Kudos
JugOfTuiPlease
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

^ this must be it.

Strange it's set up this way though. The current base image of any desktop is important to know irrespective of whether your pool is persistent or non-persistent.

I hope this is changed for future releases.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos
DennisBray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think those columns are displayed for persistent pools only because any particular virtual desktop in a persistent pool may be using a different combination of the master VM and snapshot. With a non-persistent pool all of the desktop VM are based on the same exact combination of master VM and snapshot. That information is displayed on the "Summary" tab when you select any desktop pool.

Dennis

0 Kudos