VMware Horizon Community
Mohammad1982
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

View Licensing Question(Interesting)

Hello All,

Can any body give me the information on VMware View licensing for the following questions

IIf I take a Vmware view bundle for 400 desktops, I get the ESX server and vCenter server free.I need to know If, I can  use all enterprise plus vSphere features with it, like HA, DRS, etc?

The ESX servers that I get with view can I install windows server on it to host view connection server and vCenter server?

and If I buy one ESX enterprise plus server other than free view ESX servers, can I add this ESX server with the vCenter server that has come free with view?

Seeking help quikly

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Mohammad Wasim
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you get vsphere enterprise features part of the view bundle.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

the bundled is only good for desktop usage only. adding another esx enterprise plus would be against the EULA.

RaZaKKaZaR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To host Server-based OS on that ESX Server, you will need to get the correct vSphere license for server platforms.  Same goes for vCenter.

The license that comes with View only allows you to manage Desktop OS environments.

VCAP5-DCD,DCA * http://www.vmtrooper.com * If any of my responses have been helpful in any way, please rate accordingly. Thank you and Happy VM'ing! 😄
Mohammad1982
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Will I be able to use all the feature of vSphere like HA , DRS etc with the view ESX free licenses

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Mohammad Wasim
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes you get vsphere enterprise features part of the view bundle.

0 Kudos
Mohammad1982
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As per EULA, you shouldn't do it.

However with View bundle, you would be getting Enterprise Plus licenses.

0 Kudos