VMware Horizon Community
Chad09
Contributor
Contributor

View Horizon?

I just noticed today that View is now View Horizon. Is this a seperate product? I'm a bit lost. I see View Horizon 5.2 is available but I'm confused as if this is something current view users and update to or if this is a seperate product. Can anyone fill me in? Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Horizon View will apply to version 5.2. The change or update is a product update to 5.2 from 5.1.2. but core broker/agent/client remains.

This new reference for what was VMware View now puts View clearly into our VMware Horizon Suite of components.

See URL here: http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop_virtualization/horizon-suite/overview.html

VMware        Horizon Suite Components

VMware                          Horizon ViewSimplify desktop management, security, and  control while delivering an optimum end-user computing experience across  all devices and networks.
VMware                          Horizon MirageGain centralized, zero-touch physical and virtual desktop management with full native performance and flexibility for end-users.
VMware                          Horizon WorkspaceStreamline the end-user experience and reduce  costs with a single workspace for applications and data, delivered  securely on any device.
0 Kudos
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When will the binaries for Horizon View be available?  I don't see it as being available on the My VMware site.  I really want to get this in the test lab because I have a few customers that want to try deploying Win8 on VDI. 

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

They are not yet available for download.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
adtuent
Contributor
Contributor

anyone know when it will be available for download/released?

0 Kudos
adtuent
Contributor
Contributor

found an answer:

VMware Horizon Suite is expected to be available in Q1 2013

Source: http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-euc-portfolio-02-20-13.html

0 Kudos