VMware Horizon Community
Manoj2087
Contributor
Contributor

View Horizon User Profile Corruption When switching from a Dedicated pool to Floating Pool

View Horizon User Profile Corruption

When a new user logs on to one of the  Dedicated VM with Persistent disk it creates the user profile under the Persona management repository share. However, when the same user tries to log on to another Floating VM with no persistent disk (the log on is not performed simultaneously) ,the user profile seems to corrupt and the Floating VM session opens up but the Windows 7 desktop explorer window is blank. But the users can continue to log on to  Dedicated VM with Persistent disk without any issue. Current workaround: Rename/Delete the existing profile on the persona repository and then when the user log on to another Floating VM with no persistent disk, a new profile gets created in the repository share and the VM loads with out any issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am experiencing this same issue.  Were you able to resolve it?

0 Kudos
PLGeneva
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, are you trying to open multiple session at the same time for the same user?

I mean one session on the floating pool and at the same time a new session on the dedicated?

If yes, I think that persona is not supporting multiple session for the same user profile at the same time.

Troubleshooting Persona Management (2008457) | VMware KB

What happens if the same user account logs on to more than one virtual machine at a time? How are streamed accesses to the CIFS share mediated between them, if at all?

Persona Management does not currently support multiple concurrent sessions to the same profile. If more than one session is detected, Persona Management goes into a read-only mode, during which no changes are uploaded to the network. When only a single session is connected, Persona Management returns to normal mode.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For me, this was a bug caused by having a DVD drive as part of the image.  That drive takes the drive letter that the disposable disk wanted to use, so it just hangs.  You can either force the DVD to use a different letter, or just get rid of it all together.

0 Kudos