VMware Horizon Community
ahoag76
Contributor
Contributor

View Event logs showing The Pending session on machine %Machine name% for user %username% has expired, but users are not experiencing any issues

Hello Experts,

Recently, I installed Horizon View 7 for a client and on their parent images uninstalled the old version of the view agent and installed the latest 7.0.1.  So an odd thing is occurring, out of 90 users, 30 of these users are showing the following warning in the View Admin event logs after 15 minutes of logging on and happens every day to the same users.

The Pending session on machine %Machine name% for user %username% has expired.

Also, on the connection server, the logs show this message:  "Client does not support idle session handling.  Desktop SSO times out in: Never. Application SSO Times out in: Never.”

I originally thought it was the SSO timer since that was set to 15 minutes, so I changed it to NEVER and the warning still shows up for these same 30 users.  The users experiencing the issue are using Teradici Zero Clients firmware version 4.8.0. 

Also, this is happening in different pools so it is not pool specific.  Has anyone experienced this with the new Horizon View 7.0.1?  Could this possibly be a bug since no one is experiencing login issues?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeniferslabaugh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I saw this once, although on View 6, and getting the Teradici firmware updated fixed it. Firmware 4.8 is technically not certified for 7.0.1. Try updating one of your zeroes to firmware 5.2.1 (current latest) and see if that fixes it.

0 Kudos
Dbbs2012
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are also seeing this after updating to 7.0.3 from 7.0.0. Have you found a resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
Dbbs2012
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The firmware is for their clients, I'm assuming. This is happening on our end-users home machines, HP Thin clients here locally, etc.

VMware wants us to create a vanilla OS, however, to me this isn't proving anything. I have tried this and cannot replicate it without logging off a VM and immediately trying to connect to one within seconds. I can reproduce it that way, however, our end users aren't doing this. These errors appear at random.

0 Kudos
josedo_3010
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We are experiencing disconnections to a specific schedule with the same HP Teradici. Did you solve the problem? We do not know where to throw and is stopping a full production. Thank you.

0 Kudos