VMware Horizon Community
kroghman
Contributor
Contributor

View Desktop hangs after a few hours of work

I have 6 windows 7 x64 desktops with 2CPU an 4GB of memory.  They are running on SSD drives now after a recent upgrade.

After a few hours the machines start to hang when using most programs...ie MS Office.  We've been monitoring the CPU, memory and disk usage for over a month now.  CPU wait and ready times are all good.  IOPS are all good.  Memory usage is well below the maximum.  We haven't found anything out of the ordinary.  We recently upgraded the datastore to SSD drive.  Everything is much faster now, but there are still some hangs after a few hours.

Is there anything else to look for?

Client machines are running windows xp with the View 5.2 32bit client.  All systems are connected via gigabit.  PCoIP

Host is 2 quad core Xeons with hyperthreading enabled.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bartmosss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a timeout for a View Connection, I think the default value is 600 minutes.

Perhaps it is your case.

MCP, A+, Network+, Linux+, VSP, VTSP, VCP
0 Kudos
NeilBarnes
Contributor
Contributor

You havent got Virus protection on the VM have you? Could be doing a scan or a update.

0 Kudos
Bartmosss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If your antivirus is Symantec and if you have more than antivirus/antipyware activated, it can happen that your session end.

Steve Lavoie

Consultant en informatique, MCP, A, Network, Linux+, VCP

Micromedica Solutions d'affaires

MCP, A+, Network+, Linux+, VSP, VTSP, VCP
0 Kudos
kroghman
Contributor
Contributor

I increase the timeout to 9,999,999 minutes about a month ago.  The system stays connected.  It just has the circular "processing" cursor.  The CPU and memory usage do not change.

0 Kudos
kroghman
Contributor
Contributor

There is currently no Antivirus installed and the Windows update has been disabled.

I will be installing Security Essentials once I have some of this stuff worked out, but that may be another post.

0 Kudos