VMware Horizon Community
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Desktop Time Keeps Changing

I have a View desktops in our Singapore datacenter.  The Domain controllers and ESX hosts located there all have their time set correctly.  The AD sites and services are setup correctly as well.  The gold image of the desktops have their timezone set correctly.

Everytime I log in the time gets changed to EST.  I changed the timezone, logged in to another desktop and still the time changes.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Matt Baldwin wrote:

I guess it makes sense, but I would think the desktop should have the timezone of where it lives no? 

I guess it depends.  If you have a tele worker in est than they probably want their desktop in est.    The zero client is interesting because you wouldn't think it would do the time zone sync due to lack of client.     Wouldn't hurt to disable it with the steps the KB provides and see if thats the case. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

By default the desktop will change the time zone to match the time zone of the connecting computer.   There is a GPO that will allow you to disable that feature.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1006773

esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Interesting.  I asked VMware support if this could happen as I am connecting via a zero client...  They said "

No. The software view clients can adjust based on local time zone, but I don't believe Zero's do that."

0 Kudos
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I guess it makes sense, but I would think the desktop should have the timezone of where it lives no? 

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Matt Baldwin wrote:

I guess it depends.  If you have a tele worker in est than they probably want their desktop in est.    The zero client is interesting because you wouldn't think it would do the time zone sync due to lack of client.     Wouldn't hurt to disable it with the steps the KB provides and see if thats the case. 

0 Kudos
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think the local time thing makes sense.  I'll leave it.  I also found via the Teradici management console where I can set the ntp server...

Thanks for the assist on this, I was going crazy.

0 Kudos