VMware Horizon Community
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Desktop Screen Resolution

Hi there,

Is there really no other way to change the desktop screen resolution of a VDI client other than changing it on the Local machine then logging into the VDI? We have users moving from machine to machine and a few of them are complaining about screen resolution, so is there any way to keep the resolution that a user sets on the VDI and move it from one PC to another PC running View of course?

Any help would be most welcome!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

IIRC, the 4.0 Windows client should have an option in the desktop selector's Display combo box for "Custom..." where they can set a custom resolution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you using PCoIP or RDP? What is the client OS version? And what version of the View Client are you running?

0 Kudos
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This user is running RDP Protocol on Windows XP Pro with View Client 4.0....

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

IIRC, the 4.0 Windows client should have an option in the desktop selector's Display combo box for "Custom..." where they can set a custom resolution.

0 Kudos
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you sir, such a simple solution and I didn't even remember that that option was there lol... many thanks...

0 Kudos
Joxster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I read in a blog this :-

You might also notice once connected to a virtual desktop we disable the display settings tab in Windows. This is because fit to client takes care of properly setting the resolutions for the user. In some cases, it might be desirable to over ride this. This can be done by changing the standard Windows registry setting for controlling the display settings.

See and the NoDispSettingsPage value.

Now I take it changing the value from 0 to 1 enables this however my understanding is that this will enable the windows screen resolution in the Windows XP virtual desktop but it doesnt. Is this option on ment for the PCoIP protocol?

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yeah this is only meant for PCoIP. You would have to search the internet to see if Microsoft offers any GPOs to allow this for RDP, but I don't believe so.

0 Kudos