VMware Horizon Community
ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Desktop Pool Stuck in Deleting State

I am new to VMware and learning from my mistakes :smileyconfused:

I just deleted a Desktop Pool from Horizon View Admin, and now its stuck in deleting state..

What is the correct procedure to delete a pool?

Do all the VMs in the pool need to be powered down and deleted individually from vCenter and then delete the pool?

And any ideas on how to fix the pool stuck in the deleting state?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys

9 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

please see whether the ViewDbchk command line utility (see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2118050) will help to find, and clean up stuck desktops.

André

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If the VMs aren't power down on their own, try powering the off. Don't delete them manually though, unless there is no other option. The viewdbchk script may help, but in the end I've always needed to manually delete the pool. If you have support I'd open a ticket and have vmware do it, editing the ADAM database can cause problems. Thats what the viewdbchk script tries to do, but I don't think it fixes incorrect desktop pool states, which is probably what is happening.

ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the help, Ill have a look into this

0 Kudos
ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks sjeese, I do have support with VMware so that may be the easiest option

0 Kudos
ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This has been resolved, machine name conflict caused the delete to get stuck.. a colleague was able to delete the conflicts and resolve the deleting pool

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

Just to put it out there, I also had the same issue deleting.   Turns out that it was the folder structure.  I had a nested folder structure with the same named folder where desktops were created.  This caused Horizon grief.. I finally solved it on my own but took a little bit to figure it out.

Folder1

|- Folder1 - (VM)

After removing the nested "Folder1" from within the parent "Folder1" I was able to remove the desktop pool without issue or errors.

Larry

jmaze1059
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me running Horizon 7.11. Simply dragged the VM's from the nested folder to the parent folder, and Horizon immediately began deleting the VMs. Much appreciated.

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Manually shutting if off works to, once it turns off the VM usually gets deleted.

0 Kudos
Mr_YanL
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks jmaze1059! Horizon 6 - your solution worked for me. 

0 Kudos