VMware Horizon Community
CrraigB
Contributor
Contributor

View Desktop Pool Entitlements

I am running view 4.6 with a number of pools and have configured entitlements using active directory groups.  When we add a user to the group it sometimes takes 20 minutes and sometimes hours for the user to be able to access the virtual desktop pool.

Is there a way to control what DC the connection server updates from and how often it does it?

Thanks

Craig

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VMMikeC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also use AD groups for entitlements using View 4.6, and I have never come across this issue. What type of security group do you have setup for entitlements?

Is the DC in the site where your view connection server is a global catalog server?

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

i too go by group (it was pretty fast) and i have only about 2000 users not a big environment.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

The connection server does not cache group membership locally, it will directly request that information from AD. There's no configuration option for which domain controller it will talk to, as that's handled automatically by windows itself. It sounds like you have some slow replication issues across your domain controllers, it would be worth checking all the obvious issues by following http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738415(WS.10).aspx.

0 Kudos
CrraigB
Contributor
Contributor

We are using Universal – Security Groups. Yes two of the DC in the site with the Connection server are Global Catalog Servers.

Craig

0 Kudos