VMware Horizon Community
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Connection Server Log Questions

Hello,

I've been noticing a few things in my View Connection Server logs in one of my environments, and I was hoping someone might be able to clarify what I'm seeing for me. I've searched up both of these without any luck so far. To date, there don't seem to be any issues caused by either of these that I'm aware of, and I do notice them in both my security servers and connection servers. The hosts in my cluster are all running ESXI 5.0.0 build-474610 and all brokers are View 5.0.0 build-481677.

This first one refers to three separate datastores all with the same warning, and they are all three datastores which have either been removed or renamed due to a restructuring. They are no longer referenced by any of the View machines or Pools, and all VMs had been migrated or deleted and pools redirected before the time of removal. This warning occurs about every 6 minutes, and reads as follows:

WARN  <VirtualCenterDriver-'GUID'> [VirtualCenterDriver] Datastore 'Datastore Name' not found under ComputeResource /'Datacenter Name'/host/'Cluster Name'

Forgive me if I should make another discussion for this next one (If needed I'll edit this out and create a new one instead), but the other thing I've noticed is that the log repeatedly shows the following entries as well about 25 minutes apart. And although they're INFO the part that concerns me is that the "24 deleted entry references removed." has been the same number for months every time it's entered (Maybe it's a running count? That would explain it). Any details as to what they actually refer to would be awesome (Obviously it appears to have to do with LDAP entries but that's as far as I get). I'm really just looking to understand what this refers to exactly since I don't think there's an actual issue on this one. The entries are as follows:

INFO  <3188> [ws_ldap] 0 collision entry references resolved.
INFO  <3188> [ws_ldap] 24 deleted entry references removed.
INFO  <3188> [ws_ldap] 0 collision entries removed.

Let me know if any more information is needed, or if I should split these two into separate discussions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

On the first entry regarding the datastore perhaps the adam database still has some reference to that datastore.    If that is the case I'm sure it could be cleaned up in some manner but you want to backup the adam database before doing any work. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

On the first entry regarding the datastore perhaps the adam database still has some reference to that datastore.    If that is the case I'm sure it could be cleaned up in some manner but you want to backup the adam database before doing any work. 

0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Mittim,

I managed to neglect mentioning that I went through the View ADAM db, I check that by reflex so it didn't cross my mind. Unfortunately there weren't any references that I managed to find. Admittedly though I'm not familiar with the VCenter ADAM db, I've never really had any need to work on it, I just did a quick runthrough of it for the sake of being thorough but I didn't come across anything.

I'm sure information from them is hanging around somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it yet. I've considered the possibility of it being cached somewhere, and it's possible a reboot will fix it. Problem is this is a 24/7 site that is hard to find downtime on, but I'll likely be scheduling some soon anyways so I'll see what the results are.

Thanks for the help though.

0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just wanted to give an update on the situation (Not that it's a very important one haha). The site I was working at won't be doing any maintenance where I can test rebooting before I'll be at another site, so I won't get to test that myself. I also was never able to find anything in the db's, but the logs still have the same pattern every few minutes. I'll be in touch with the site, so maybe at some point after they reboot during a maintenance window I'll have one of them check the logs for me.

Thanks for the help though Mittim!

0 Kudos